Monday, May 2, 2011

Intro & Song #1 - Sleigh Bells - "Rill Rill"

For this year's blog-a-day contest, I've decided to change things up a bit. In preparation for next fall's (hopeful) radio show up at BC, I'm going to blog about music this month. However, I'm going to try and keep things simple and just present one song per day to check out. I've been putting together an early summer mix cd for some friends, and I've found a lot of music worth sharing, both new and old. I won't have any genre restrictions, but I will try and keep away from anything that is too over the top for the average listener. Hopefully everyone will hear something they like on here at some point, and if you don't, I sincerely apologize from the bottom of my heart (seriously, you better like SOMETHING though).

Today's track: Sleigh Bells - "Rill Rill"
Recommended if you like: playing songs loudly, non-rap songs that still have swag, female vocalists.
Why it rules: Amazingly, there are only 2 people in this group. Great production helps fill it out, and it manages to get stuck in your head for an undetermined amount of time (it's been a permanent fixture in my brain since I first heard it).
However: I will deny all responsibility if this gets covered by the Jonas Brothers or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment